2020 has been a difficult year for local families. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, children starting homeschooling for the first time, and record-breaking hunger in our communities, more families than ever are needing a little extra help getting food on the table. As we have reached the height of the Holiday season, all of us here at Goldberg Noone Abraham understand this need for help is stronger than ever and wish to do our part in whatever way we are able. Whether you are looking for a bit of extra help or are looking for a place where you can volunteer a helping hand yourself, we hope that you and your loved ones have all you need to have a safe and happy holiday. Keep in mind, should you ever need us, our attorneys are ALWAYS available at (239) 461-5508.
Local Food Banks, Services, and Pantries:
- Harry Chapin Food Bank-Fort Myers
Community Cooperative Ministries (CCMI)
- Emergency food assistance (food pantry / food bank), DCF kiosk, Medicaid, Food Stamps & financial assistance applications, general mail delivery for people without an address.
- Phone: (239) 332-7151
- Address: 3511 B Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd, Fort Myers, FL.
Gladiolus Food Pantry Inc.
- Non-profit & volunteer-run food bank open Wednesdays. “The Little Green Building”. Pre-Register with the below link.
- Hours: Wednesdays from 11am to 7pm, but hours subject to change.
- Phone: (239) 437-8122
- Address: 10511 Gladiolus Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Registration Link: https://form.jotform.com/70325299076158
Lehigh Community Services
- Provides emergency assistance to families who reside in Lehigh Acres with food, past due rent, utilities, medicine, diapers, school supplies, and clothing. Documentation of need is required. Call for appointment.
- Contact: Rae Nicely
- Phone: (239) 369-5818
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: lehighcommunityservices.com
Women, Infant & Children- (WIC)
- Federally funded nutrition program for Women, Infants & Children. Provides healthy foods, nutrition education & counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care. Provides checks for purchasing nutritious foods to pregnant, postpartum, and breast-feeding woman and to infants and children under age 5 who are at 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Phone: (239) 344-2000
- Website: http://http//lee.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/clinical-and-nutrition-services/wic/index.html
Cape Vineyard Community Church
- Free drive-through hot meals and groceries weekly on Thursdays from 4:30-5:30pm.
- Address: 923 SE 47th Terr, Cape Coral, FL 33904
- Phone: (239) 549-8075
- Day/Time: Thursdays from 4:30-5:30pm
- Do you have to be part of the church to receive meals: No! All you need to do is go to the building during open hours (4:30-5:30 pm on Thursdays) and you can receive a free meal. If you are looking for groceries, you do need to have a Lee County ID or utility bill.
Café of Life, Inc.
- Located in Bonita Springs, provides day shelter, clothing, hot meals, groceries (food pantry/bank), and transportation.
- Contact: Dale Walker or Marietta Henry
- Phone: (239) 495-9325
- Address: 10540 Childers ST, Bonita Springs, FL, 34135
The Salvation Army-Fort Myers
- Charitable Evangelical organization, provides food help, transitional housing, etc.
- Address: 10291 McGregor BLVD, Fort Myers FL 33901
- Phone: (239) 278-1551
- Website: http://www.salvationarmyleecounty.org
Bear in mind that this is simply an overview of available local resources, and not an extensive list. Should you or a loved one need immediate assistance, please dial the 211 Hotline. The 211 Hotline is a comprehensive source of social services information that is run by the United Way, and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Simply dial or text 211 to be connected to a representative. The law office of Goldberg Noone Abraham hopes that you and your loved ones have a fantastic holiday season and remind you that our attorneys are ALWAYS available at (239) 461-5508!