Over 13 million injuries occur each year due to slip and fall accidents. An even more shocking statistic is that these injuries result in approximately 16,000 deaths annually. Accidents requiring a slip and fall attorney often happen in stores, sports venues or other public property when those businesses are less than conscientious about cleaning and maintenance of the premises.
When a person is hurt due to a slip and fall accident, it is essential that neglect of the business owner be proven in order for that person to be eligible for compensation. Once that negligence has been properly documented, that business is liable for the cost of medical care incurred by the injured party. They are also accountable for wage loss and the pain and suffering endured by the individual as a result of the fall.
A slip and fall accident can change your life forever, so it is critical that such an incident be thoroughly investigated by an experienced slip and fall attorney who can then aggressively pursue the case against the responsible party. Through our dedication and extensive knowledge, the attorneys of Goldberg & Noone have successfully obtained compensation for many victims of slip and fall accidents.
Do You Think You May Have a Slip and Fall Case?
These are such complicated and challenging cases, there is no 'formula' that is used to determine if someone or some company can be held responsible for your slip and fall injuries. Hiring Goldberg Noone law firm to stand up for your rights will start a complete and thorough case investigation, which will include determining the following:
- Obtaining all evidence of the accident event, like available store security video
- Obtaining sworn statements from any eye witnesses and store employees
- Discovering the exact specifics of your circumstances, like wet floors, improperly placed aisle displays, etc.
- Gathering all records of your medical treatment and care, including any surgeries
- Consultation with medical experts to determine any permanent or long-term results of your injuries
- Calculating all future costs for continuing medical care
Who is Responsible for Your Injuries?
There are several forms of liability that come into play when there is a slip and fall injury. This generally falls under the category of 'premises liability', which may involve the owner of a private residence, the landlord of a specific property, a business owner, the local management of a business, and more.
Some of the many things that must be proven in order to obtain financial compensation for your injuries are:
- The person thought to be responsible must have caused a potentially dangerous condition on their premises
- They had knowledge about the dangerous conditions
- They received prior notification of the dangerous condition and did not adequately have it corrected
- A reasonable person would believe that the condition had the potential to cause a personal injury
There are several situations in which someone can be victimized by dangerous conditions that result in a slip and fall injury:
- A loose or broken hand rail in a stairwell or along a balcony
- Loose or damaged steps, sidewalks or pathways
- An unsafe merchandise display case in a retail store
- Leaking or standing water in a business or apartment complex
- Improper and unsafe flooring, floor coverings or coatings
You can see why have a skilled slip and fall lawyer in your corner if you intend to stand up to someone who you feel caused you a serious injury. The attorneys at Goldberg Noone will work aggressively to uncover any and all insurance coverage that pertain to the at-fault parties
You'll never pay us a penny when you hire our law firm - we handle slip and fall cases on a contingency basis, which means we get our fee only if we are successful on your behalf in obtaining a financial settlement or successful jury verdict. We pay any and all up-front costs that apply to your case, including taking sworn video depositions of any people involved, our own investigation of the circumstances of your fall injuries, who actually owns and / or operates the place where you fell, and much more.
Don't Wait - There Are Time Limits on When You Can Take Legal Action after a Slip and Fall
Specific Statutes of Limitations apply to any personal injury case, so you are advised not too wait and hope the situation will just go away. In the event you let a store, apartment complex or sports complex know that you were hurt on their property, you'll likely be contacted by their insurance company. They'll probably make you some kind of ridiculous, low-ball offer to send you a fast check, hoping you'll go away.
Don't take it - and don't provide ANY written or recorded statement to an insurance company without at least speaking to one of our slip and fall attorneys first. One simple, and free, phone call to 239-461-5508 is all it takes to start the process of getting straight answers to your legal questions after a slip and fall injury - there is NEVER any obligation for you to hire our firm.
We, at The Goldberg Law Firm, are dedicated to standing up for the rights and protection of victims of negligence and to seeing justice done. We will continue to direct our combined knowledge, determination, and drive to the limits for each and every one of our clients.
The results are record-breaking jury verdicts, real relationships with our clients, and legislative breakthroughs