Protection Against Dog And Other Animal Bites
It’s hard to find anyone who doesn’t love dogs. They can be some of our most loyal companions, and the vast majority of dog owners consider them a real member of their family. But no matter how cute and lovable they may appear, the fact is that a lot of people receive serious injuries as the result of being bitten by a dog.
If you or one of your children have been attacked by a dog or other animal, talk to a lawyer from our firm right away. At Goldberg Noone, LLC, we have been handling all types of personal injury claims for clients for nearly 20 years in Southwest Florida. Unless you talk with an attorney, you won’t know if you have a valid claim. You deserve full compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
Dog Bite Statistics
- Approximately 4.5 million people – or about 1.5% of the country’s total population – are bitten by dogs each year.
- In Florida, more than 600 people every year end up in the hospital after a dog bite, and there are two dog bite-related deaths per year, on average, in the Sunshine State.
- Boys were 2.5 times more likely to be bitten than girls.
- Boys between the ages of 6 and 14 were the largest segment of dog bite victims.
- “Poor behavioral management” was the cause of 26% of dog bite incidents.
- The dog reacting in a protective manner led to 24% of incidents.
- For victims who were 24 years or older, 24% were bitten when trying to separate two or more fighting dogs.
- Male victims over 15 years were most often bitten by a dog that was unrestrained and not on the dog owner’s property.
Dog Bite Injuries Can Change Your Life
Dog bite injuries can happen on any part of the body and can seriously affect your life. Some of the most serious types of dog bite injuries include:
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring, usually to the head, face or neck area
- Serious infections
- Nerve, tendon, tissue and bone damage
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Rabies infection
The dog bite injury attorneys at Goldberg Noone law firm have represented many clients who have been victimized by a serious dog bite. Not only are the results of the physical injury traumatic, but in many cases the victim has a fearful distrust of dogs following the attack. It makes them nervous and anxious to be anywhere near a dog, even if it’s a small, gentle household pet.
These types of emotions are something that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Contact Goldberg Noone
We will not charge you anything until we win your case.