At our law firm, we know that the people throughout our local communities are the reason for our continued success. Through the relationships we have enjoyed with so many of Southwest Florida’s charitable, philanthropic and community support organizations, our personal lives have been so positively affected. All of us at Goldberg Noone understand that our business will only succeed through the help we can provide to others – which is why we love to get involved with our friends throughout Lee, Charlotte and Hendry counties and their many worthy causes.
Our firm enjoys sponsoring and participating as a vendor at many area festivals and events, like ABATE of Florida Inc., motorcycle safety organization,
Naples and Fort Myers PRIDE Festivals, Smoke on the Water BBQ & Music Festival, St. Paddy’s Day Downtown Block Party, several motorcycle and car shows and poker runs and more.
Scot and all of our staff are happy to work with The Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc., (CCMI). One of the many ways CCMI effects positive change in our area is providing Meals On Wheels, and everyone here loves helping with deliveries to our “meals” friends every Thursday, and we have been doing it for over 10 years.
Another outstanding local organization is The Deaf & Hard of Hearing Center, formerly The Deaf Service Center of Southwest Florida, Inc. Scot has served on their Board of Directors for 6 years, and as their pro bono attorney on corporate issues. Founded in 1983 as the Speech and Hearing Association, their mission is to empower Southwest Florida’s deaf and hard of hearing citizens and their families through education, advocacy, and community involvement. DHHC services are provided in Lee, Charlotte, Collier, Hendry and Glades counties.
Scot is also proud to be a personal volunteer Guardian ad Litem and of his long history of involvement with Guardian Ad Litem Program in Lee County. He is also an Attorney ad Litem and volunteers in the program’s Dependency Court proceedings. The Guardian ad Litem Program is a partnership of community advocates and professional staff providing a powerful voice on behalf of Florida’s abused and neglected children. Scot finds this alliance provides some of the most personally enriching experiences of his life.
Voices for Kids of Southwest Florida, Inc. (VFK) supports the 20th Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. For the past 30 years, VFK has worked hard to ensure our region’s abused, neglected and abandoned children have volunteer Guardian ad Litems who become their “voice” in court, school, the community and the court dependency system. Scot is proud to have served on this organization’s Board of Directors, and he continues to donate his time and resources to them.
Goldberg Noone, LLC, also has been a long-time supporter, partner and friend of the Lee County Chapter of the NAACP, and its president, Brother James Muwakkil. Scot has served as their pro bono legal counsel for 10 years and serves on the organization’s At-Large Executive Committee.
Attorney Joe D’Alessandro also served as the Honorary Chairman of the 2013 Freedom Fund Committee and has a long history of service as the Vice Chairman of the Housing Authority of The City of Fort Myers Commission, a community partner of the Lee County NAACP Chapter.
To help the brightest high school students in Lee County along their journey to becoming part of the legal profession, Goldberg Noone is proud to
sponsor the Lee County Bar Association’s Mock Trial Competition. This intensive competition re-creates a courtroom trial setting, challenging the legal skills of the participants under the eye of judgment panel until a winner is determined. Scot has also served as a volunteer coordinator for several local high school Moot Court Programs.
Scot was also appointed a Special Master within the Lee County Attorney’s Office, providing pro bono legal services in animal control issues.
Scot is extremely proud of his relationships with local law enforcement agencies, including the Fort Myers Police Department, The Lee County Sherriff’s Office and The Cape Coral Police Department and his personal friendships with their leadership. Scot is also an Honorary Lee County Sherriff’s Deputy.
Scot Goldberg currently serves as house counsel for the Coalition for Justice and has served on the Zoning and Planning Advisory Committee for the City of Cape Coral. He was also previously on the Board of Directors of the Quality Life Center and currently works with Mr. Abdul’Haq Muhammed, Director, as the Center’s pro bono attorney.
Everyone in our firm loves getting out to meet new friends at so many area events and fundraisers – you’re bound to see us everywhere! We volunteer our time and financial support to our area’s most worthwhile causes and organizations…
- 21st Century C.A.R.E./Prostate Cancer Charity
- ACT – Abuse Counseling and Treatment Center
- American Cancer Society
- American Civil Liberties Union of Florida
- ARABA Shrine Circus
- Arbitration/Mediation Advisory Board/20th Judicial Circuit
- Autism Speaks
- Bishop Verot High School
- Bobby Holloway Memorial Fishing Tournament
- Child Care of Southwest Florida, Inc.
- Children’s Home Society
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Dunbar Little League
- FGCU Men’s Basketball Program
- Florida Sheriff’s Association
- Fort Myers Beach Community Foundation
- Goodwill Industries
- Habitat For Humanity/Women Build
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Heroes Helping Heroes Golf Tournament
- Hodges University Luminary of the Year
- JinglePAWS Pet Adoption Fair
- Kori’s Kritters Foundation
- Lehigh Elementary School
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- March of Dimes/Bikers For Babies
- MDA – Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Nancy Hagy/Richard L. Hagy Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Nations Association
- North Fort Myers High School Quarterback Club Board of Directors
- North Fort Myers Junior Football Association
- North Fort Myers No-Kill Animal Shelter
- PACE Center For Girls
- Robin Dawn Dance Academy
- South Fort Myers High School Athletic Department
- Southern Starz Booster Club
- Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Special Olympics Florida
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Sugarman Games, LLC/ALS Golf Tournament
- Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County
- The Gator Alley Chapter of ABATE
- The Ida Baker High School Black & Blue Touchdown Crew
- The LaBelle Swamp Cabbage Festival
- The Tony McKenna Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Toys For Tots
- Voices For Kids of SW Florida
- YMCA of Lee County