Since we opened our doors more than 20 years ago, the team at Goldberg Noone Abraham has always been comprised of local people who care deeply about their community. Our firm is proud to devote our time to numerous charitable causes, as we look to give back to the neighborhoods that built us into the firm that we are today. “Local People, Local Practice, Local Knowledge” is not just our slogan: it is our philosophy.
At our law firm, we understand that our local communities are the reason for our continued success. Through the relationships we have cultivated with many of Southwest Florida's charitable, philanthropic, and community support organizations, our personal lives have been incredibly enriched. All of us at Goldberg Noone Abraham understand that our business will only succeed through the help we can provide to others – which is why we love to get involved with our friends throughout Lee, Charlotte, and Hendry counties and their many worthy causes.
Community Events and Organizations:
- The Annual Bobby Holloway, Jr. Memorial Fishing Tournament:
Those from the Pine Island, FL area may be familiar with The Annual Bobby Holloway, Jr. Memorial Fishing Tournament. Bobby Holloway Jr. was an 11-year-old boy from Pine Island who unfortunately lost his life too soon in a hunting accident. Since 1997, the Pine Island Community now hosts an annual fishing tournament in Bobby's honor.
Each year, tournament directors honor an individual who they feel has gone above and beyond for their community with the Tony McKenna 110% Award; and Partner Scot Goldberg won in 2019! This award is particularly meaningful for our team, as it is named after the late brother of Scot's wife, who tragically lost his life after being struck by lighting on the Mariner High School football field.
- The Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc. (CCMI):
The Community Cooperative Ministries Inc. is a fantastic local organization, and almost our entire staff has worked with the CCMI through their local Meals on Wheels program. Our team gladly helps deliver meals on a weekly basis and have done so for over a decade.
- The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Center, formally The Deaf Service Center of Southwest Florida:
Founded in 1983 as the Speech and Hearing Association, their mission is to empower Southwest Florida's deaf and hard of hearing citizens and their families through education, advocacy, and community involvement. DHHC services are provided in Lee, Charlotte, Collier, Hendry and Glades counties.
Partner Scot Goldberg has served on their Board of Directors for 6 years, and their Pro Bono attorney on corporate issues.
- Guardian ad Litem:
Scot Goldberg is proud of his long history of serving as a Guardian ad Litem here in Lee County. He is also an Attorney ad Litem and volunteers in the program's Dependency Court Hearings. The Guardian ad Litem Program is a partnership of community advocates and professional staff providing a powerful voice on behalf of Florida's abused and neglected children. Scot has said this alliance has provided him with some of the most personally enriching experiences of his life.
- Voices for Kids of Southwest Florida, Inc. (VFK):
VFK supports the 20th Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. For the past 30 years, VFK has worked hard to ensure our region's abused, neglected, and abandoned children have volunteer Guardian ad Litems. These Guardian ad Litems become the child's “voice” in court, school, the community, and the Dependency Court system. Scot is proud to have served on this organization's Board of Directors, and he continues to donate his time and resources to them.
- The Lee County Chapter of the NAACP:
The Law Firm of Goldberg Noone Abraham has been a long-time supporter and partner of the Lee County NAACP. Scot Goldberg has served as their Pro Bono legal counsel for 10 years, serves on the organization's At-Large Executive Committee, and is proud to count NAACP President Brother James Muwakki among his friends.
- Lee County Bar Association's Mock Trial Competition:
To help the brightest high school students in Lee County along their journey to joining the legal profession, Goldberg Noone Abraham is proud to
sponsor the Lee County Bar Association's Mock Trial Competition. This intensive competition re-creates a courtroom trial setting, challenging the legal skills of the participants under the eye of judgment panel until a winner is determined. Scot and Logan Goldberg have also served as volunteer coordinators for several local high school Moot Court Programs.
- Coalition for Justice:
Scot Goldberg currently serves as house counsel for the Coalition for Justice.
- Lee County Attorney's Office:
Scot Goldberg was appointed a Special Master within the Lee County Attorney's Office, providing Pro Bono legal services in animal control issues.
- Lee County Sherriff's Office:
Scot Goldberg is an honorary Lee County Sherriff's Deputy due to his tireless work and service for the community.
- ABATE of Florida Inc.:
Our Firm enjoys sponsoring and participating as a vendor at local events alongside the Southwest Chapter of the ABATE motorcycle safety organization.
- Naples and Fort Myers PRIDE Festivals:
Our Firm enjoys sponsoring and participating as a vendor at Southwest Florida PRIDE events.
- Zoning and Planning Advisory Committee for the City of Cape Coral:
Partner Scot Goldberg has served on the Zoning and Planning Committee for the City of Cape Coral.
- Quality Life Center:
Scot Goldberg was previously on the Board of Directors for the Quality Life Center, and current works with the Director, Mr. Abdul'Haq Muhammed, as the Center's Pro Bono Attorney.
- Smoke on the Water BBQ & Music Festival
- Saint Patrick's Day Downtown Block Party
Everyone in our firm loves getting out to meet new friends and do our part for our community – you are bound to see us everywhere! As described above, we enjoy volunteering our time and financial support to our area's most worthwhile causes and organizations. Some further examples of our favorite local organizations include but are not limited to…
- 21st Century C.A.R.E./Prostate Cancer Charity
- ACT – Abuse Counseling and Treatment Center
- American Cancer Society
- American Civil Liberties Union of Florida
- ARABA Shrine Circus
- Arbitration/Mediation Advisory Board/20th Judicial Circuit
- Autism Speaks
- Bishop Verot High School
- Bobby Holloway Memorial Fishing Tournament
- Child Care of Southwest Florida, Inc.
- Children's Home Society
- Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Dunbar Little League
- FGCU Men's Basketball Program
- Florida Sheriff's Association
- Fort Myers Beach Community Foundation
- Goodwill Industries
- Habitat For Humanity/Women Build
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Heroes Helping Heroes Golf Tournament
- Hodges University Luminary of the Year
- JinglePAWS Pet Adoption Fair
- Kori's Kritters Foundation
- Lehigh Elementary School
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- March of Dimes/Bikers For Babies
- MDA – Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Nancy Hagy/Richard L. Hagy Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Nations Association
- North Fort Myers High School Quarterback Club Board of Directors
- North Fort Myers Junior Football Association
- North Fort Myers No-Kill Animal Shelter
- PACE Center For Girls
- Robin Dawn Dance Academy
- South Fort Myers High School Athletic Department
- Southern Starz Booster Club
- Southwest Florida SHEILD Foundation
- Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Special Olympics Florida
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Sugarman Games, LLC/ALS Golf Tournament
- Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County
- The Gator Alley Chapter of ABATE
- The Ida Baker High School Black & Blue Touchdown Crew
- The LaBelle Swamp Cabbage Festival
- The Tony McKenna Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Toys For Tots
- Voices For Kids of SW Florida
- YMCA of Lee County