One of the most accomplished and influential public figures in Lee County history, Joseph D’Alessandro joined the firm in 2004 following a distinguished career as the first and only State Attorney for Florida’s 20th Judicial Circuit.
Joseph P. D'Alessandro is a native Floridian, born and raised in Fort Myers, Florida. He graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor's degree in Journalism in 1961, thereafter receiving his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson College of Law in 1964.
In 1967, Mr. D'Alessandro was appointed Assistant State Attorney for Lee County. Two years later, he was appointed by Governor Claude Kirk as the State Attorney for the newly created 20th Judicial Circuit. At age 30, Joe was the youngest State Attorney to ever hold such a position. After his appointment in 1969, Joe was elected to office for eight consecutive terms.
After serving our community in this capacity for 35 years, Mr. D'Alessandro retired from the State Attorney's Office in 2002, and is now a partner of the firm Goldberg, Racila, D'Alessandro & Noone, LLC.
Joe D'Alessandro is a member of the Florida Bar and the United States Supreme Court Bar. He is Past President of the Florida Prosecuting Attorney's Association and Past Vice President of the National District Attorneys' Association. He served on Governor Lawton Chiles' Criminal Justice Task Force, as well as serving on former Governor Robert Martinez's Drug Policy Task Force and Criminal Justice Information Systems Council. Joe has served on numerous committees of the Florida Bar and has lectured at the Cooper Institute for Advanced Studies in Medicine and the Humanities on the legal issues relating to the right to die.
Joe is also involved in many community service organizations. He has received a number of awards for outstanding community service and citizenship; he was selected for "Who's Who in American Law Enforcement"; he was awarded the Florida Outstanding American Award by the Florida Jaycees; and he was voted Man of the Year in 1983 by the Italian American Federation of the State of Florida.
Joe is actively involved in a number of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases being handled by Goldberg, Racila, D'Alessandro & Noone, LLC.
- Stetson University College of Law, Deland, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 1964
- University of Florida, Florida
- B.A. - 1961
- Major: Journalism
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Who's Who in American Law Enforcement
- Florida Outstanding American Award by the Florida Jaycees
- Voted Man of the Year by the Italian American Federation of the State of Florida
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association (FPAA), Past President
- National District Attorneys Association, Past Vice-President
- Governor Chiles' Criminal Justice Task Force
- Former Governor Martinez's Drug Policy Task Force
- Former Governor Martinez's Criminal Justice Information Systems Council
- Florida Bar, Member, Criminal Law Section
- Florida Bar, Member
- United States Supreme Court Bar, Member
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Florida's 20th Judicial Circuit, First and Only State Attorney
- Lee County, Assistant State Attorney, 1967
- Governor Claude Kirk for the newly created 20th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, Advanced Studies in Medicine and the Humanities, Cooper Institute
- Personal Injury